Saturday, August 21, 2010

On Russian TV

I had a really exciting opportunity to appear on Russian news on the 4th of July !
There was a message sent to me on the Couchsurfing website about an opportunity to be on Russian TV .They will interview me about my experience in couchsurfing in Russia and other countries.


Russia is the country where I couchsurfed the most and I was more than happy to talk about it.I had some really fantastic times staying with locals and learning so much from them about local life.Not only that , i made some good friends through the website too!

During the filming experience , I learnt how to make blinies ,shared with them a pack of spicy tapioca chips that i brought along from Singapore and showed them a book on Singapore Heritage food.

They found my story very fascinating.
A girl from Singapore ( far far away ..tiny island/country/city )who studied in Moscow and Petrozavodsk and now is doing volunteer work ,teaching english to orphans in Saint Petersburg.

Unfortunately , the TV producers chose to show snippets of me looking quite frantic and exaggerated when i was talking.NOT COOL.( Do i look like this all the time? )

http://www.rtr.spb.ru/vesti/vesti_2010/news_detail_v.asp?id=4007

Cringe to the max.But hey , i was still on Russian news!