Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Picasso Collection at the Hermitage with the Buddy

I met up with my buddy.Sasha 5 weeks after our first meeting when i arrived in June.
With the Indonesian girls , we headed to the Hermitage to check out the Picasso collection.

The Picasso collection will be in the Hermitage as a temporary exhibition, and that was the only thing in the Hermitage that i actually enjoyed.Eccentric art.This was my 2nd trip to the Hermitage to see the Picasso collection.The first trip with Andrie had been pretty enlightening as he was a fan of Picasso and knew some facts about Picasso's life.Only 1% of the Hermitage is properly air conditioned.I can't imagine how all the art pieces are surviving the summer heat, but they are.





Walking around the museum,i was more preoccupied talking to Sasha than noticing anything around me.I found out that Sasha loves acting .It was amazing to see how his eyes shone when he talked about his school plays and his dreams and aspirations.

Although he works from day to night at a restaurant through his summer vacations to earn money to pay for his university fees and yet he never once complained about it.Despite the early mornings and tiring long days , he told me that he enjoyed his job.

He may just be a 19 year old boy , but there is alot that people can learn from a guy like him.