Thursday, December 16, 2010

World Cup finals

It was a weekend of farewells.Pepe & Rohit were going back home to Italy and India.And my dear Natasha was going back to Ukraine a day after them. The night before Natasha left, we threw a party at our place and it coincided nicely with the World Cup Finals.

Our host Sergie was invited.and his eyes widened...."You are inviting me to a party....in...My apartment ?"

Spanish Supporters

Farewell for Natasha

Sitting in Front of the tele

Plov :)

Our uzbek buddy , Mohammedayub suggested making uzbek plov for dinner!The master chef taught me how real plov was made.And after I saw the whole process.....I swore to myself not to eat too much.While rice in Singapore is normally cooked with water , plov was cooked in oil.

After the match ended,a group of us restless with the summer heat , went for a walk to Lenta.The metro had closed before the match ended and most of the interns decided to stayover and hang out.A cool 30minutes away,we were sitting at the playground ,sharing a tub of ice cream and playing a country/city/capital naming game in russian.It was tough for a newbie to stay in the game for long as  many countries/cities/capitals are pronounced differently in russian and english.

As we walked back to the apartment to watch Natasha pack for the trip home , i thought to myself....
LIFE....is great :)