Monday, June 21, 2010

The cool people of Petersburg

It has only been my first week in Petersburg and I got acquainted with some really cool russians living here.Petersburg was never my favourite city.I wasn't inspired by the european architecture or particularly happy about losing my camera on my first trip here last year.But i had some great time with my international and russian friends wandering around exploring the city.And now , as i spend more time here, meeting new people , it has occured to me that there is one very cool crowd of Peterburgians living in this city and this might just make me fall in love with Petersburg!

The Buddy
On my 2nd day here, my russian buddy,Sasha met up with me.It was his first time being a buddy to a foreigner.A young freshie at university ,he just got a job working as a waiter at a restaurant  at one of the top hotels for summer and for the next few years when he is studying.A job he now needs in order to pay off his university school fees for the next 3 years.

This job also gave him an opportunity to practise his english and meet some interesting people.While he shared with me about his job experience during the first 5 days of his work,i can't help but feel extremely proud of this hard working and positive boy!He is the kind of son many mothers will dream of having!