Monday, April 19, 2010

Karelian Museum

I was really tired of the materials used during conversation class, and requested for one that has more on culture and ethnic groups in the Karelian Republic. My teacher suggested that we go to the museum for Russian lesson! The nice thing about many museums in Russia is that students studying in Russian schools and universities pay students price which sometimes means, free of charge.
So I had a really interesting lesson at the museum last Wednesday. But there is a catch to it. I had to write a report about the visit and about the things I saw in the museum. It is quite difficult to write something interesting when I have forgotten the Russian words for the things that I have seen and even struggled to understand what my teacher was explaining to me at the museum.