Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The difficulties in learning Russian

Learning a new language is difficult.


While being overseas may seem like all play and nice things in the front, I am literally tearing my hair out and becoming extremely stressed and frustrated behind the scenes. The first 2 weeks has been smooth as lessons were revisions and reinforcement of cases which I know. But starting Week 3, I’ve started learning new things. And very often, it is difficult to register a lot of information within a day or 2.

Although I take individual classes, I do speak to the other international students.And a lot more during a party that an Italian student threw at his apartment this week. We speak Russian most of the time, it helps when some of them don’t know much English.

But I often felt demoralized and helpless because I couldn’t understand many things that they say or find the words to express myself. In addition to that, most of the students have learnt the language for a year or 2.Even the Korean students specialize in Russian language in their home university.

So I’m right at the bottom of the steep learning curve. It is a tough climb up.

Anyway, with the help of my teacher correcting my grammar mistakes, I’ve come up with a new weapon to stop the 2 kids from crying. This......

( Translation : When sasha touches Tioma’s things , Tioma cries.When Tioma touches sasha’s things, sasha cry.When the both of you touch my things , I don’t cry.So why do the both of you cry?
DON"T CRY!You are brothers.Brothers must share.When I have chocolates, I give them to you.But next time, if I hear that you cry , I will not give you chocolates )

I am practising this in my room every once in a while.And once i find the right opportunity , i'll whipped it out onto the kids!