Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sports Club

One of the first thing I asked Zhenya ( Exchange Programme person-in-charge ) was where I can take Yoga classes .She immediately got down to searching for sports clubs in Petrozavodsk and came up with a list of clubs with the prices!

She brought me to the best option , a women’s sports club, a 10 minute walk from school and with her help ,I signed up for a 8 lesson package with usage of showers and gym equipments .There are various lessons that one can take here.( Aerobics, Body sculpt ,Step, Yoga etc)It is indeed a pity that I didn’t bring my sports shoes to Petrozavodsk , and neither am I keen to get a new pair , or else I can fully utilize the 1100roubles that I paid.


Yoga Class Review-Teacher: Инга
Just stretching and holding poses. No inversions .Cues are all in Russian ,So other than “downward dog”, left and right hand leg etc, I can’t understand anything.
They use 60x 60 cm foam sheets as yoga mats and you won’t sweat in this class.
Nevertheless, it was still a good stretching session.

BodySculpt Class Review - Teacher : наталия
There was 45 minutes of twirling ,moving around and semi dancing.
But the last 15 minutes of abs and lunges can leave you aching for the next few days.
As usual all cues are given in Russian, so all i could do is to watch ,follow and stumble whenever instructor stopped demonstrating.
I suvived on a pair of water shoes without socks. ( Not advisable but still manageable )