Friday, March 12, 2010

Russian Language Classes

I started my individual tuition for Russian language on Tuesday.Every student who studies russian here will have 2 teachers.1 specially to train students to speak while the other for grammar .Petrozavodsk State University ( PSU ) didn't have enough teachers to go around , so they hired one more teacher in to give me lessons.Wow.

I get 1.5hours of grammar lessons 5 days a week with Katya and 1.5 hours of speech lessons 3 times a week with Anastasia.I  had so many questions when i was doing self studies in Singapore and i can finally get them addressed!Although , i get many doubts cleared up over the past  week , i still have plenty more to ask for the next few weeks.There is too much information to absorb.Seriously.And the homework.....can tire you out.

There were times , where i knew things , and there were times that i did not.
So despite ,being able to speak some russian and write some russian , i wasn't doing it the russian way.
So on top of my homework , i had to practise Russian handwriting.

It is easy to write the printed version of alphabets , but of course , i was advised to learn the proper way of russian handwriting ,Cursive..
And i do it....Kindergarten style.That book caught the attention of 7 year old Tioma ( who comes into my room with sasha every night to play ) , and he began doing my "homework" for me .















































And this is one of Sasha's masterpieces.A seal or a bush or something along that line.кустик , he insisted.

Despite paying a little more for the individual tuition , the money is worthwhile.
Especially when you  know what you want to acheive and want to do it fast.