Monday, March 8, 2010

The room ( моя комната )

Instead of staying in the dormitories, I decided to stay with a host family this time .My school shortlisted 2 families and eventually picked Tatyana’s family .The school called it the classic Russian family.2 adults holding respectable jobs and 2 children.

There is a King size bed, small table, a cupboard and a carpet .It is a nice room and I thought, “Well, she is a surgeon and her husband works long hours fixing machinery for roads, perhaps that’s why they can afford to have such a nice guest room.”

Then the hard facts sank in the next morning .I wasn’t living in the guest room.There was no guest room.There is only a master bedroom and a children's room.

For Euro190 a month, the parents had given up the master room for me and they now sleep on the living room couch outside.

It was difficult to sleep on that fact.